Tofu Fried Eggz
Try this delicious TOFU FRIED EGGZ recipe!
Fried Tofu Eggz
Cuisine: Esther Approved, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, Gluten-free
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 Fried Tofu Eggz
Author: Chef Linda | Esther’s Kitchen
Each Tofu Fried Egg contains 7.5g of plant protein with no cholesterol!
One large fried chicken egg contains 6g of protein and upwards of 215mg of cholesterol.
Think cholesterol is harmless? Read this.
* 7 oz Firm Tofu (14 oz block that has been sliced in half and do not squeeze out the water)
* 1/3 cup unsweetened almond or neutral tasting dairy-free milk
* 1/2 teaspoon Kala Namak salt* or pink Himalayan salt
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 cup Tapioca flour (do not omit)
* 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
*Note: Kala Namak salt enhances the flavour to make them taste like eggs. This salt has a sulphuric aroma like cooked eggs.
1. Add the tofu eggz ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend on high until smooth.
2. Pour the tofu eggz batter into a small mixing bowl and scrape off the sides of the pitcher with a spatula.
Add this to the bowl. This will be easier to scoop out the 1/4 cup portions when frying.
3. Add 3 teaspoons olive oil or nondairy vegan butter to a hot non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of the tofu eggz batter in the skillet into the size of a fried egg. Fry each side for 3 minutes.
5. Serve with toast or as a breakfast sandwich.
6. The batter will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days in a sealed container.
Prefer to save and download this recipe (PDF)? Click here.
To view this recipe you'll need Adobe Reader. To get Adobe Reader
click on the icon below first.